Regarding library card for children and adolescents
In order for your child to be able to borrow books from the libraries in Heby Municipality, we need your consent as the child’s custodial parent or guardian allowing us to issue a library card to your child.
The custodial parent or guardian who signs the agreement is responsible for every item that their child borrows. Click here to find the agreement.
Rules for borrowing books and other media by borrowers below the age of 18 years old
- The library card is valid throughout the municipality and is issued free of charge. The card is personal and you are responsible for every item you borrow using the card.
- The ultimate responsibility rests with the custodial parent or guardian.
- Please notify us if the card is lost, so that we can suspend it so that no one else can borrow using that card.
- If the card is lost, you will need to pay a nominal sum (SEK 10) to obtain a new one.
- Please notify us if you change your name, address or telephone number.
- Everything you borrow from us is free.
- The lending period is normally 28 days. Books with a waiting list have a 14-day lending period.
- You can extend a loan of a book several times by visiting us, phoning us or by using our website, biblinord.se.
- If a book in not at our library or is on loan, you can reserve it. There is no additional fee for this service.
- When you have borrowed books, you will get a receipt from us that lists all your borrowed books and your reservations. The return dates are listed for each of the books.
- I is important that you return or extend your loan on time. If you should return a book late, it does not cost anything.
- We send you a reminder if what you have borrowed is not received on time. The reminder does not cost anything.